The long and glorious story of The Church of Our Saviour began in 1867, when visionary philanthropist Frances Jones Vinton of Vermont sent $2,500 in Greenbacks to the Reverend Henry Messenger to build a church in the San Gabriel Valley, that "the glory of God would be told from sea to sea."
On April 20, 1874, The Los Angeles Daily Herald reported that " . . . a miracle was performed in the Episcopal church at San Gabriel Mission." A miracle indeed! On Sunday, November 25th, the COS Forum Committee, led by local historian Ed Andersen, will present "The Church of Our Saviour, Our Glorious History." This lively presentation features rare old photographs and tales of intrigue in the founding and development of one of the crown jewels of the San Gabriel Valley. Plan to be with us at 9:00 am in Cleaver Hall to learn more about the "miracle of COS" and the remarkable people who made it all happen. Coffee, tea and other light refreshments will be served.